This is my go to sugar cookie recipe.
The recipe is gluten free, dairy free and egg free which is great because everyone can eat it. You can swap white flour, eggs and dairy milk or other milks into the recipe if you wish.
We use this recipe for Christmas cookies, Valentines Day cookies and for the just because.
Cookies with afternoon tea or milk are great any time right?!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup non-dairy spread (you can use coconut oil)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 cups gluten free flour (we use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream non-dairy spread and sugar in mixer.
- Add applesauce and vanilla and mix till smooth.
- Add gluten free flour one cup at a time.
- You want the dough to be stiff and not sticky so add a pinch more flour if need be.
- Cover the dough with plastic and place in the fridge for about 2 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or reusable baking sheet liners.
- Sprinkle your counter with gluten free flour and roll out your dough. Cut out your ideal shapes and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Or you can roll small balls and flatten them to make a circular cookie and place these on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and let cool.
- Ice and decorate with your favorite toppings. Sometimes we will ice or glaze the cookies other times we will sprinkle them with colored sugar before we bake them.
You can use this sugar cookie recipe anytime of year. The dough can even be frozen and baked at a later date.
Are you looking for a nut free, gluten free, dairy free cookie?
This recipe would be the one. No more struggling to provide for the school bake sale or the up coming party. Simply double the batch and keep some for home and take some to your event.
Enjoy your cookies and have an amazing day,